The Keeper's Cottage
The keeper's dwelling was a simple 1 1/2 storey, side-gabled red brick structure (32' x 40') with raised parapet end walls. A full-length verandah added in the early 20th century was removed in 1945 and replaced by the existing porch. It is similar in design to the keeper's cottages erected in conjunction with the Imperial Towers and is also typical of much mid-19th century worker housing in Hamilton.
Around 1900, it was moved a short distance from its original site (to the west and just south of the Royal Hamilton Yacht Club) to its present site, where it stood facing Beach Road until 1962 when the roadway was realigned with the new lift bridge.